Thursday 11 December 2014

LESSONS LEARNT



1.     I have learnt that to deep condition on dry hair for better penetration and to let the conditioner sit well on my head for not less than an hour.

2.     I have learnt that you don’t trim to get rid of split ends but you trim to keep your hair even.

3.     GHE Method: it is the process of using a plastic cap to generate heat on the scalp, this promotes blood flow to the scalp and boost moisture levels.

4.     Keeping/baby-ing my ends:
Add more protein to my ends
Sealing my ends with oils and conditioners
Keeping/Hiding /protecting my ends equals to Length Retention.

5.     Finding & growing my hair with the Lead hair: Find which strands of hair is the longest; instead of trimming it, grow the other parts of hair to be the length of that lead hair.

6.     LOC or LOCO:  Moisturizing and Sealing routine that takes the hair moisture level to another level.   Liquid+Oil+Cream= LOC
             Liquid+oil+Cream+oil=LOCO,
               Either way you choose, the result is great.
7.     I have also learnt that when baggying; always do so by placing a satin scarf around your edges first before placing the plastic scarf so that the edges of your plastic bag doesn’t rub off unnecessarily on the edges of your hair.
8.     Another lesson learnt is to heat your conditioner in hot water before using it. It will give you a super soft hair.
9.     Refrigerate your leave in conditioner. A cold leave in will help to seal your hair’s cuticle after washing. This is extremely helpful if you can’t take a cold water rinse. It will also increase the shine in your hair.
10.I have learnt not to trim my hair when it is wet; because wet hair has more elasticity and can give a false illusion of longer hair, so it is better to trim your ends when your ends are dry to get an accurate result and it makes the ends come out sharper.
Have you learnt anything since your HHJ began, are they different from these, please share.
Thanks for stopping by:
Tytylurpe.

No comments:

Post a Comment