Thursday 11 December 2014

WHAT MY HAIR HAS BEEN UP TO



This post is to tell you what my hair has been up to, I embarked on biotin journey and boy what did I come back with?  I started using “spring Valley BIOTIN 1000mcg” at first was taking one capsule daily at night; afterwards, I increased it to 2 capsules per day. After taking it for close to 2months, I ordered a new bottle in anticipation of the first bottle finishing but I ordered a different brand “Nature bounty, Hair, Skin & Nails Gummies with Biotin”. Although my hair grew a little, don’t know how many inch (es) yet and my finger nails grow so fast too. For the first month there was a minimal issue but later the issues became disturbing, like pimple (acne) on my once smooth and spotless face, it extended to my neck area too and people started making comments like; what happened to your face, did you change your cream, or you now eat too much groundnut?
My observations:
When I just started taking the Spring Valley Biotin capsule everything was fine until after 2weeks of consistent intake that I noticed I started breaking out, one or two pimple on the face but it accelerated gradually and I became worried and started my findings to know what is up.
I also noticed that when I started taking the “Nature’s Bounty Biotin capsule” I was breaking out more.
2nd bottle
1st bottle

 

Another thing I observed now is that I have like 3 different kinds of hair texture, the curly, the very curly and the super curly.
Then the sad news came along, I started shedding terribly, shedding seriously that it started giving me concern and I sat down and went down the lane, 4months back, when I was like 11/12 weeks post relaxer, I wasn’t shedding as much as I was now so I spoke with Dr . Fomsky of http://thesizzlingmommy.com blog and she advised that I stop the Biotin if I think it’s the problem and I stopped but before I stopped, the shedding was making my hair pull out, anytime I comb my hair, at my ends I will have lots of hair waiting to be taken out with my hands and this was making my hair becoming thin at its ends, Although people are not seeing the thinning ends just me, they will be like “ahn! Ahn! Wetin, na only you want pack all the whole hair put for head” but I know what I am saying, I want to retain all of my hair on my head without any strand falling off. In a bid to regain my hair as I have just few weeks left before my next relaxer day I embarked on another journey to salvage my hair:
What I did:
1.   I started with the Garlic remedy; there is a post on this already.
2.   Aloe Vera juice: I extract the aloe gel from the plant, blend and applied to my hair, cover my head for 30minutes and rinse off.
3.   I reverted back to my avocado recipe
4.   Did a protein conditioning too.

Aloe Vera from my aloe pot 





This was the shedding I got from my last wash day, considerable minimal.
 


I have done this consistently for 2 weeks now and I have seen impressive improvement, the shedding has greatly reduced and my hair is getting its groove back.
Thanks for stopping by.










No comments:

Post a Comment