Wednesday 4 March 2015

SALON BAG




Many years went by and I never had a salon bag but soon realized I needed one which I got quick enough. Using salon products then, you don’t have a choice of products but use what they have which are not so good products, the relatively good ones you pay so much to use them. Let’s start from:::::                                                  

The Relaxer: they have the cheap relaxers available: products like Petals, ozone just  the few I can remember, Bless your hair if you are using ‘Kit’ relaxer like Dark & lovely and the likes of it then, then relaxer is used sparingly  that extra combing effort is put into the process to make your hair relaxed.                                                

The Shampoo: is soooooo diluted that you can barely get it to foam, extra effort is need to make all the relaxer out of your hair, therefore the fingernails are digged so hard into your already tender scalp to help give you burns all over your head.                                                                                                                                  

The Conditioner: is also diluted with so much that it does have no effect on your hair.                                                                                                                                     

The Styling Product: the almighty cheap setting lotion is so much diluted and used sparingly.  Generally, cheap products are the order of the day.                                                                

This brings me to the topic of the day, a salon bag is an essential on your Healthy Hair Journey, you might not have a travelling bag for a salon bag, a small tote bag can do the magic and you don’t have to raid a product store to have a salon bag, just the essentials will do and which include:


  •    A moisturizing or cleansing shampoo.
  • A moisturizing conditioner
  •    A deep conditioner (A product for steaming as it is referred to in Naija, ORS to   the rescue)
  •  A leave-in conditioner
  •      T-shirt in place of towel or a microfiber towel
  •    Shower cap
  • Combs: Cutting comb, wide tooth comb, styling comb, etc.
Best bet if you can care for your hair at home, please do so but funny enough I still visit salon on my relaxer touch up days with strict supervision from me ant this results in little arguments here and there but at the end of the day, I still take my stand and when I am finally done, a little something  (tip) for someone who has taken all my troubles won’t  hurt because since I became aware of caring for my hair, I don’t agree with all those stylists say anymore, they are now forced to do my bid and now learning one or two things from me.

So Ladies, do we all have a salon bag, what is in yours?

Thanks for stopping by,

Tytylurpe.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment